POSITION: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
General Office Assistance:
• Answer phones, direct calls to either office personnel or the correct volunteer, and assist volunteers with phone requests.
• Complete OPTIMA training
• Disperse e-filings to correct case in OPTIMA
• E-mail Local DCS Directors case listings at the beginning of each month
• Get mail from post office and process mail (includes office email) by sending/forwarding out to assigned volunteers, and corresponding case supervisor.
• Prepare files on new cases.
• Process files on closed cases.
• Petition user fees to Courts.
• Keep accurate and up to date records of all user fees and notify the Court of payment history.
• Maintain up to date OPTIMA database.
• Provide statistics to Executive Director on child activity for quarterly and annual reports, and as requested.
• Send background inquiries to Police Departments and Department of Child Services on clients, when requested by volunteers.
• Format and e-file reports to the Courts written by volunteers.
Office Management Duties:
• Be familiar with office policies and operational procedures.
• Maintain schedule of office staff in absence of Executive Director.
• Manage filing systems; transfer and dispose of records according to retention schedules and policies.
• Ensure office supplies are maintained and replenished.
• Maintain all office equipment (fax, copier, computers, etc.)
Other Program Activities:
• Assist with volunteer trainings and fund-raising events as requested.
• Attend volunteer appreciation events and assist as requested.
• Other duties as may be assigned by Executive Director.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org